Wednesday 15 February 2012

Inspirational Clip - NEVER give up!


I watched this video during one of the motivational talks conducted for the kiddos by an external vendor when I was teaching at my ex-school. The video was on a former Olympic sprinter, Derek Redmond.

I was very touched when I watched how Derek Redmond persevered and completed the 400-metre semi-finals of the Barcelona Olympic Games 1992 despite pulling his hamstring.

There will be times when we face obstacles or even failure in life. Do we give up? Or do we grit our teeth and persevere? It takes a lot of mental strength to continue the tough journey. Redmond is a true inspiration for all of us although I would not encourage anyone to run with a torn hamstring. Even in the face of failure, Redmond did not quit. He might not have won the race but in my eyes, he was a champion. He really showed us what pure grit and determination means.

The love and support from his father also serves as a reminder to parents out there that it is important to be always there for your kids even if they may not be doing well academically or in other aspects. Help your kids to move forward.

I can't remember who finished in first. However, I can remember who finished last.

Never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment